Sunday, July 30, 2006

Konichiwa

Greetings,

Just a quick note to let you all know that we have arrived in Japan safe and sound. Today we explored Tokyo which is everything you would expect: big, busy, and absolutely fascinating. We looked at a temple complex, walked around the Imperial Palace gardens, saw the Tokyo Dome, rode a rollercoaster, wandered the red light district, and went to that huge intersection you always see on tv. We are very tired.

That is all I am going to write for now as we cannot upload pictures until we get back, and because this keyboard only has a spacebar on the left (I am used to the right and everytime I accidentally hit where the spacebar should be the keyboard switches to Japanese) so it is taking a long time to type (sort of like writing with your other hand), and because I cannot figure out how to type an apostrophe, I cannot use contractions, which is very annoying.

Until next week then,
Jo

1 comment:

Jason Harman said...

The apostrophe is easy to find, its after the ö and ä and before the # on my keyboard. Sheesh... Now on with the stories. There my only source of high-brow entertainment out here!