Thursday, May 10, 2007

Canada? What is this Canada you speak of?

Greetings

Our boss added another banner to the front of the school so I thought I would share it with you. However, this banner is slightly different than the others and has since become my favourite.

(Thanks to my own little Vanna for holding the banner up)

How cool is that? Not only am I the star of the new "Let's Learn How to Cook Campaign" but I was also digitally edited so I appear to be holding a flower in my hand. The wonders of technology never cease to amaze me.

Our boss has changed the schedule so that every Friday is now a "special day" and one of these days is a cooking class. Jo and I get to teach the Korean children how to make Korean/western food. The best part about this setup is that we have had to master cooking certain Korean foods in order to teach the children how to make them. I look forward to making all of you a spicy bowl of Dok-bogi upon my return.

One downside to the new banner is that somehow I was caught wearing the same red sweater that I was wearing in the other two banners. It's slightly embarrassing and I think that the locals believe my small wardrobe to be an indicator of mass poverty in Canada. In fact, the last I heard the Ulsan Lions' club was starting a fundraiser to collect old sweaters to send to Canada. It seems that my limited closet has started an international incident. On the plus side, many of you reading this shall receive your new sweaters in the mail any day now.

Anyway, I wanted to let you all know what the future holds for us as everyone's always asking when we'll be coming back. Jo and I finish our contract here on the 29th of June and right after that we'll be leaving for China. Then after three weeks of exploring the land of Kung Pow Chicken and Panda's we'll be off to Hong Kong, Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia (plus Borneo), and Singapore. Good times indeed.

And after all that we'll be landing in Canada sometime in the middle of August. We're both really excited about that even though it's surprising how fast this year's gone. There's so much we're going to miss about Korea.

And on that note of beautiful tranquility I will leave you with this moment of Zen.


(random picture of Malaysia...not to be intended as me bragging...well maybe a little)

Cheers

Shayne

2 comments:

Jason Harman said...

I especially like how Jo is hiding behind the banner. Will have to burn your sweater when you get back, although I guess you won't be needing it for the trek through South Asia.

Very envious - expect lots of post cards.

Joanna said...

You're on the postcard list. You should expect to see the biggest/best churches, temples, stadiums, beaches, pagodas,and even clock towers, in the world. Oh yeah, muhahah.

Shayne