Monday, November 27, 2006

Long Time Gone

Greetings

As many of you know I spent last week in Canada. My grandmother, Diane Robinson, passed away last Friday and a mere 25 hours and 8 thousand kms later I was back at home grieving with my family.

The trip itself will be getting its own blog later in the week but I just wanted to post a quick note letting you know that I’m back at home and that the site will be getting updated regularly again.

A lot of you have called or emailed me and I want to say thank you for all of the support. The loss of my grandmother was a surprise and I’m still in shock. She was a great woman and although we didn’t always agree on politics or religion she always supported me and loved me unconditionally. I don’t think I could have asked for a more caring grandmother.


Diane Robinson 1930 to 2006

Mother
Sister
Grandmother
Great Grandmother
Friend

Do me a favour and go and tell a loved one how much you care about them. You never know when you'll lose that opportunity.

Cheers

Shayne

5 comments:

sheri said...

Grandma looks good in this picture with you. She would be happy to see her picture posted on your blog for millions to see.I'm glad you were able to make it home, even though it wasn't under the best circumstance. I love you lots take care.

Unknown said...

Tami and I ran into Dustin at the airport and he told us the news. Strangely enough, we were on our way to my Grandmother's funeral in Edmonton at the time.

It's always so hard to know what to say in times like these but I wanted to let you know that I'm sorry for your loss. Wish I could've said it in person.

Take it easy...

Olly Dolly said...

I was very saddened to read about your Grandma. I want you to know that I took your advice to heart. I called my mom and dad right after reading this. So thank you.

Love to you both,
Olly
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Joanna said...

Hey everyone

Thanks a lot for the comments. Your kind words mean a lot and Todd I definitely look forward to talking in person when I get back.

Olly, thats great. I have been talking to my family a lot more lately. One final gift from my grandmother I suppose.

Cheers

Shayne

Jason Harman said...

When I met your grandmother she was in such great high spirits, a real live wire for an old person. Seems she didn't go down without a fight and had a good life right up to the last. In this sad time its good to know the person you're mourning had a great life. Not to mention the outpouring of support shown by her relatives like you. Think Grandma is looking down from her austere version of Christian heaven and smiling at you!