Saturday, January 27, 2007

Crank the Eddie Money, because "we've got two tickets to paradise"

Greetings

After teaching over 1500 classes in the last seven months, Jo and I have become, as the French say, burned out (word!!).

So we figured that we had two options: We could either run away and join a hippy compound somewhere in Australia (I heard that Melbourne is full of hippies) or we could take a vacation. Jo's never really cared for the smell of patchouli, and I still have that lifelong attachment to my protestant work ethic, so we decided that we would make poor hippies.

In other words, we needed a vacation and we needed one fast. Having done several non-touristy vacations we decided that we needed to spend a week just being tourists, relaxing and doing absolutely nothing at all.

So without further adieu ladies and gentlemen let me introduce you to our destination:


Sweet, sweet Boracay. Located an hour or so below Manila the small island of Boracay is a tropical paradise right in the Philippines. The island is less than ten miles across at any point, and so far it has fought off the majority of American chain stores that you see everywhere else in Asia.

We leave on the 24th of February and don't come back until the 3rd of March.

Neither of us have ever done a vacation where we didn't have to carry a big backpack or sleep in a crappy hostel, or some hotel where the fear of waking up without a kidney was a reality.

This time we're doing it right and plan to live it up.



We're going to do some snorkeling, horseback riding, jet skiing, parasailing, swimming, and maybe get dropped off at a deserted beach for a day. That is if Jo can convince me she won't go all Jack on my ass and turn me into the island's "Piggy" (thanks to M. Fischer for that lovely literary reference).

For the purposes of the blog I asked the staff at Shayne and Jo to create an image of what I will look like when I'm riding a horse on the beaches of Boracay. So here ya go:


Hmmm, they did a really good job capturing my likeness.

Well 27 days to go, and I still have to get into beach shape.

Wish me luck.

Cheers

Shayne

2 comments:

Melodee said...

Enjoy your vacation but Shayne i really think you should get a hair cut or a new stylist. That pic doesnt do you much justice lol. Look forward to your blog when you get back from paradise.

Jason Harman said...

That is some excessive hotness. I do hope Jo holds you to your "likeness" and does the full body wax not to mention the hair extensions and the manicure.

As the temperature here drops below -10 I'll be enviously thinking of you two sunning yourselves on the white sands of the South Pacific.